- Admissions & Aid
- Faculty & Research
- Life at HDS
- News & Events
- Alumni & Friends
Field Education Sites
UU MA Action Network
Contact Person(s):Mr. Jesse Jaeger
UU Mass Action is a statewide network of ministers and lay members representing Massachusetts Unitarian Universalist churches and fellowships. Our mission is to cultivate and connect leaders to strengthen voice of UUs in the public square.
Opportunities for Student Involvement:
Work activities will fall into four areas:
(1) Manage one of the issue campaigns in the areas of poverty and global warming. Activities may include working with partner and interfaith organizations, developing educational, service and advocacy opportunities for UU churches, organizing events.
(2) Organize churches to support UU Mass Action. Activities may include preaching, meeting with local social action committees, building sustainable relationships with local church representatives, developing and organizing workshops.
(3) Expand youth/young adult participation in UU Mass Action. Activities may include identifying partner organizations, assessing interests, developing and organizing programs and workshops.
(4) Support work to develop a national network of UU State Networks. Using the networks that exist in 12 states, you will identify opportunities for the networks to work together, develop training materials to support their growth, work on campaigns for commonly shared issues such as healthcare and global warming.
The internship offers opportunities for personal exploration and creativity. Looking for a student who is a self-starter with good interpersonal and follow-thru skills.
No information provided.
Arts of Ministry Competencies Offered:
- Administration and Program Development
- Public Leadership, Community Organizing, and Planning
- Preaching and Worship
- Religious Education and Spiritual Development
Weekly with supervisor at Cambridge location. Additional meetings will be held as needed.
Number of Students: 1
Total Compensation: $4000.00
Type of Compensation: direct pay from site
Additional Notes: 12 hours per week.
Visits to churches requires access to car. Internship can be designed to eliminate this need.
Our organization is currently looking for a Cambridge office location.
Site unavailable 2010-11.