- Admissions & Aid
- Faculty & Research
- Life at HDS
- News & Events
- Alumni & Friends
Harvard Divinity School welcomes students from other schools to cross-register into courses and HDS students are encouraged to take advantage of the rich offerings across the University, at MIT, the Fletcher School at Tufts, and throughout the Boston Theological Institute. Cross-registration is available between HDS and the following schools:
- The Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS)
- Harvard Business School (HBS)
- Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD)
- Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE)
- Harvard Kennedy School (HKS)
- Harvard Law School (HLS)
- Harvard Medical School (HMS)
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine (SDM)
- Harvard School of Public Health (SPH)
HDS students wishing to cross-register into other Harvard schools should utilize the online cross-registration tool.
Boston Theological Institute
- Andover Newton Theological School (ANTS)
- Boston College (BC)
- Boston University School of Theology (BU)
- Episcopal Divinity School (EDS)
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (GCTS)
- Hebrew College (HEBC)
- Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology (HC)
- St. John's Seminary (SJS)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University (Fletch)
Cross-Registration Information for Non-HDS Students
View the HDS Academic Calendar for important deadlines. Note especially that cross-registered students must complete their cross-registration by the earliest of the two schools’ deadlines.
All cross-registered students must abide by the policies and regulations of Harvard Divinity School as listed in the HDS Handbook for Students. See especially the sections titled "Course Registration" and "Standards of Conduct and Expected Behavior."
Cross-registrants should consult their Registrar's Office to determine if they have any additional requirements or regulations.
Harvard students wishing to cross-register into HDS should utilize the online cross-registration tool.
Important Note for BTI Students
Courses taught by faculty members of other Schools within Harvard University are not included within the cross-registration agreement that exists among the Boston Theological Institute member schools, this includes some courses with HDS numbers that are taught by faculty members housed at another School within the University. To determine whether a particular course is available to BTI cross-registrants, please check its individual course description. You may also wish to consult our full list of HDS Courses Open to BTI Students.