- Admissions & Aid
- Faculty & Research
- Life at HDS
- News & Events
- Alumni & Friends
Connect with HDS
We encourage prospective applicants to visit the Harvard Divinity School campus. A visit to campus allows prospective students to make a personal connection with the daily life of the campus. It is also a great way to learn about Harvard Square and Cambridge.
HDS on the road
Harvard Divinity School admissions representatives travel to meet with prospective students at information sessions, graduate school and seminary fairs, and denominational events across the country. While most of our travel takes place in the fall, occasionally we travel during other times of the year. Please check back regularly for updates to this schedule. We look forward to seeing you on the road!
- Small-group information sessions. Offered generally twice a week, from April to December, these hour-long sessions with a member of the staff in the Office of Admissions provide an overview of our academic programs, community life, and the admissions process. Information sessions are not evaluative interviews and are not required as part of the admissions process. To register, please see the Calendar of Events for Prospective Students.
- Tours of the HDS campus with a current student. Offered regularly throughout the calendar year. To register, please see the Calendar of Events for Prospective Students.
- Current HDS classes. Available during the academic year. Prospective students are welcome to visit select classes during the academic year and may visit the same class a maximum of two times each term. All visitors must stop by the Office of Admissions to sign in and pick up a guest pass before visiting a class. The guest pass must be worn in the classroom.
- Community Tea. Most Tuesdays during the academic year. Hosted by the Office of Student Life from 3:30 to 5:15 pm, Community Tea offers a chance for students, faculty, and staff to engage in informal conversation over beverages and food. It is a time to relax, refuel, and reconnect with the community. If you are interested in attending Community Tea, please come to the Office of Admissions at 3 pm on Tuesdays to sign in and obtain a visitor pass.
- Noon Service. Most Wednesdays during the academic year. Hosted by a different religious community of the HDS campus, this service allows all in the HDS community to pray and meditate with our companions across the boundaries of our many respective traditions. If you are interested in attending Noon Service, please come to the Office of Admissions at 11:30 am to sign in and obtain a visitor pass.
- HDS public events. Available during the academic year. Our public events provide a glimpse into the vibrant academic and spiritual community on campus.
- CSWR public events. Available during the academic year. The Center for the Study of World Religions sponsors a variety of formal and informal academic programs designed to engage scholars and students of religious studies in what is becoming an increasingly globalized field. These programs include lectures, film screenings, conferences and colloquia, panel discussions, and more. CSWR events are wide ranging, covering the historical study of the religions of the world, as well as lived traditions and current events. CSWR events that are open to the public are listed on the CSWR Public Events calendar. Video and audio presentations of recent lectures are available on the CSWR Multimedia page.
- Open House for Prospective Students: Theological Education Day. Offered yearly in November. The registration link is available online during the fall.
- Diversity and Explorations. A selective, three-day program in November for talented undergraduates whose background and experiences suggest a commitment to diversity and social justice. HDS pays for travel expenses for selected participants. To receive information, complete our Request Information form and we will contact you when the application for Diversity and Explorations becomes available.
- Phone information sessions. Offered generally from April to November during the normal academic year and on Wednesday afternoons from June to August during the summer, these 15-minute conversations provide prospective students an opportunity to have their individual questions answered by a member of the admission staff. To register, please see the Calendar of Events for Prospective Students.
- Virtual information sessions. We offer online information sessions hosted by members of the admissions staff. To register, please see the Calendar of Events for Prospective Students.
- HDS on the road. We travel all over the United States during the fall to meet with prospective students. Check our travel calendar below to see if we will be coming to your area.