- Admissions & Aid
- Faculty & Research
- Life at HDS
- News & Events
- Alumni & Friends
Grants for Harvard Faculty
Individual Faculty Awards
The Center continues its longstanding practice of offering a limited number of grants to Harvard University faculty to support research, publication, and conversation related to the study of religions and theology in a pluralistic environment, and related cross-cultural, interdisciplinary, and interreligious issues. As an international academic community engaged in the study of the religions of the world, the Center is particularly interested in supporting projects that encourage the exchange of ideas from many scholarly perspectives; complement the Center's global focus on religions in their traditional and contemporary forms as lived, practiced, and studied; foster collaboration among faculty and doctoral students at the university; and enable scholars outside the University, in the Cambridge/Boston area and beyond, to work collaboratively with faculty here.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Deadline for submission is April 1.
- All funding must be spent between July 1 and June 15 of the fiscal year in which the grant is received. Excess funds may not be applied to purposes than the purpose stated in the proposal.
- The Center cannot take responsibility for organizing events or other work related to the award.
- Preference will be given to proposals that feature a public event for the sharing of the proposed research, for example, a seminar or lecture that reports on the project, so as to benefit interested colleagues at HDS, in the Study of Religion, and around the University.
- Preference is given to proposals coming from junior faculty and to those who have not received grants in the preceding year or years.
- Joint proposals are welcomed, including research projects involving graduate students as junior collaborators.
To apply, please complete the application PDF and return as an email attachment. Please also include the budget worksheet with a specific monetary request indicating expected expenses. For more information please contact email@example.com.