- Call Number: bMS 218
- Title: Universalist Church of America. Universalist Missionary Army Roll, 1869-1870.
- Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, 45 Francis Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1911
- Quantity: 2 volumes (one box).
- Access: There are no restrictions on access to this collection.
The Universalist Missionary Army was the informal name given to those who contributed funds to the church. The Committee on the Missionary Army was responsible for preparing and distributing missionary boxes throughout the various Universalist congregations in an effort to improve the financial situation of the church. Missionary boxes were first proposed by D. L. Holden in 1868 and were soon employed in a successful fund-raising campaign.
Scope and Content Note:
This collection consists of two volumes that contain general information about contributors, such as names and addresses.
- bMS 218/1 (1) Universalist Missionary Army Roll, February 11, 1869-November 19, 1869.
- bMS 218/1 (2) Universalist Missionary Army Roll, 1869-1870.