- Call Number: bMS 503/1
- Title: Johann Christian Edelmann. "Der unbekante Gott," undated.
- Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, 45 Francis Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1911
- Quantity: 1 box
- Preferred Citation: Johann Christian Edelmann, "Der unbekante Gott," bMS 503/1, Andover-Harvard Library, Harvard Divinity School
- Access: There are no restrictions on access to this collection.
Johann Christian Edelmann (1698-1767) studied theology and developed a negative attitude toward official churches. He joined the Moravians in 1735 and the Mystic Separatists in 1736 and would become an Individual Separatist later in life. He taught that religion should be based on nature and reason. His works include Die Gootlichkeit der Vernunft.
- bMS 503/1 (1) Handwritten manuscript in German for work entitled "Der unbekannte Gott," undated. One leather-bound volume, 342 pages.