- Call Number: bMS 693
- Title: First Universalist Mission Society of New York City. Records, 1869-1922.
- Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, 45 Francis Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1911
- Quantity: 3 boxes
- Acquisition Information: Gift of the Fourth Universalist Society of New York, 2006.
- Access: There are no restrictions on access to this collection.
The First Universalist Mission Society of New York City, also known as the Brevoort Mission, was established in 1858 and incorporated in 1869. It was founded by Elisha Hebbard as a denominational charity. In 1919, the mission changed its name to the Prescott Mission, after the building in which it was housed.
Scope and Content Note:
The bulk of this collection consists of record books that include by-laws, minutes, treasurer's reports, and financial records. The collection also contains deeds and maintenance records (described as facilities papers).
- bMS 693/1 (1) Letterpress book, 1869-1873.
- bMS 693/1 (2) Record book, 1869-1904. Includes by-laws, minutes, and treasurer's reports.
- bMS 693/2 (1) Record book, 1905-1919. Includes minutes and financial records.
- bMS 693/3 (1) Our Mission, 1906-1907.
- bMS 693/3 (2) Facilities papers, 1918-1922. Includes correspondence.
- bMS 693/3 (3) Facilities papers, 1918-1922. Includes correspondence.