- Call Number: bMS 1318
- Title: Unitarian Universalist Association. Executive Vice-President. Kathleen C. Montgomery, Records, 1985-1993.
- Repository: Andover-Harvard Theological Library, Harvard Divinity School, 45 Francis Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1911
- Quantity: 2 boxes (2 linear feet)
- Acquisition Information: Gift of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
- Access: There are no restrictions on access to this collection.
Biographical Information/Historical Note:
Kathleen Montgomery was appointed the executive vice president of the Unitarian Universalist Association in 1985. In this capacity she is responsible for the day-to-day management of this religious denomination of 1,050 congregations. According to the 1988 UUA Directory, the Executive Vice President "supervises all UUA Vice Presidents and the Publications Department, coordinates the work of the UUA legal counsel and the Holdeen India Fund, and has responsibility for personnel matters in conjunction with the Personnel Administrator. The Executive Vice President maintains close consultation with the President in the formulation of policy, implements the President's instructions, and acts in the absence of the President on the Association's behalf. The Office of the Executive Vice President maintains liaisons with the Board and with Associate Members and Independent Affiliate Organizations."
Scope and Content:
The collection consists of the correspondence of Kay Montgomery, and also includes the correspondence of Natalie Gulbrandsen, who was moderator of the Board of Directors for the Unitarian Universalist Association from 1985 to 1993. Montgomery also has material in the records of the president of the Unitarian Universalist Association, bMS 1015.