Harvard Divinity School is a member of the Boston Theological Institute (BTI). The BTI libraries extend reading and borrowing privileges to faculty and students at other BTI institutions so that each school can benefit from the rich collections of these libraries combined.
Harvard Divinity School students and faculty have borrowing privileges at BTI libraries. The following are links to the BTI libraries' catalogs.
- Andover Newton Theological School's Catalog
- Episcopal Divinity School's Catalog
- Boston College's Catalog (includes the Theology and Ministry Library)
- Boston University's Catalog
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary's Catalog
- Harvard University's Catalog (HOLLIS)
- Hellenic College/Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology's Catalog
To learn more about a specific library's hours, location, collection, and policies, see the BTI site or each library's home page:
- Andover Newton Theological School: Franklin Trask Library
- The Library of the Episcopal Divinity School
- Boston College Libraries (includes the Theology and Ministry Library)
- Boston University School of Theology Library
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary Libraries
- Hellenic College/ Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology: Archbishop Iakovos Library and Learning Resource Center
Books not owned by one's home library may be borrowed by BTI students and faculty from all BTI libraries upon proof of school affiliation and completion of any paperwork required by the library. If you are unable to travel to another BTI library to check out books in person, you may borrow them through the BTI Courier by completing an interlibrary loan (ILL) form available at the circulation or reference desk of your school library. In most cases books from another library can be delivered to your library within five working days. Requests for photocopies may require somewhat more time for processing and delivery.
Unless requested by another borrower, books may be renewed at the circulation desk of the lending library. Specific library renewal policies may differ.
Return of Books
Books borrowed from other BTI libraries may be returned via courier service by leaving them at any BTI library circulation desk. Please check with circulation staff to be certain that you have allowed sufficient time for materials to arrive by the due date. The BTI Courier operates on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for all schools during the academic year.
Fines for overdue materials and replacement costs for lost materials are charged according to the policy of the lending library. Failure to pay fines or return recalled material will result in the loss of the individual's borrowing privileges at all BTI libraries.
Photocopies of journal articles and other materials may be requested through the ILL services of your home library and delivered through the BTI Courier. The charge is 20 cents per exposure. Minimum charge is $3, including handling. Payment must be made upon receipt of copies. Request forms are available at the circulation or reference desks of all BTI libraries.