Channing Church (Newton, Massachusetts)

Channing Church (Newton, Massachusetts)

The Channing Church in Newton, Massachusetts, was organized in 1851. The cornerstone of this, their second, building was laid on April 7, 1881, the 101st anniversary of the birth of William Ellery Channing. It was dedicated on May 23, 1882. In 1945, the congregation merged with the First Unitarian Society in Newton. [Photo: bMS 15001/6]

Tags: