Church of the Disciples (Boston, Massachusetts)

Church of the Disciples (Boston, Massachusetts)

The Church of the Disciples, Boston, Massachusetts, was organized in 1841 by James Freeman Clarke. This photo is of the interior of the church building at Warren Ave. and West Brookline St., which was dedicated in 1848. The portrait is of Dr. Clarke. In 1905 a new building at Jersey and Peterborough Streets was dedicated. The church united with the Arlington St. Church in 1942. [bMS 15001/2]

Tags: