The Second Universalist Society of St. Johnsbury, Vermont, was organized Jan. 23, 1868. Its Church of the Messiah was dedicated in 1873.
For more information, see: Edith Fox MacDonald, Rebellion in the Mountains: The Story of Universalism and Unitarianism in Vermont. Concord, N.H.: New Hampshire Vermont District of the Unitarian Universalist Association, 1976, p. 63-64. [Photo dated Oct. 1896 and showing the sanctuary decorated for the Harvest Service (credit: H.H. Hoyt, minister, 1895-98): bMS 902/35 (18)]