The First Unitarian Church of Lynchburg, Virginia, was founded in 1913. Construction of its building began in June 1925. The first service held there was on February 28, 1926, and it was dedicated on March 28, 1926.
For more information, see Mary Frances Williams, Another History of the First Unitarian Church, Unitarian Universalist, Lynchburg, Virginia (Lynchburg: Warwick House Publishers, 1990); and Christian Register, April 15, 1925, p. 346. [Photo: bMS 15001/5]