The First Unitarian Church of Orlando, Florida, was organized on February 12, 1912. A lot was purchased and a contract was signed on January 1, 1913, to build a "plain little wooden chapel for $1,800." The first service was held in the chapel on February 16, 1913, and it was formally dedicated on March 16. "Unity Chapel," as it was called, was used by the church until 1954. [Photo postcard: bMS 349/1].