First Universalist Church (Peoria, Illinois)

First Universalist Church (Peoria, Illinois)

The Universalist Society (now the Unitarian Universalist Church) of Peoria, Illinois, was organized on May 3, 1843. From 1912 to 1963, it was known as the First Universalist Church. This building was dedicated May 28, 1911, enlarged in 1919 and 1962, and razed in 2005.

For more information, see The Sesquicentennial History of the Universalist-Unitarian Church of Peoria, 1843-1993. Peoria: Word Publishing, 1993. [Postcard postmarked September 3, 1918: bMS 349/1].

Tags: