The Unitarian Church of Barneveld, New York, was organized in 1803. Its meeting house was dedicated January 30, 1817. The text on the pulpit wall is from John 17:3: "That they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent."
For more information, see: A Century of Village Unitarianism: Being a History of the Reformed Christian (Unitarian) Church of Trenton, Oneida County, N.Y., 1803-1903, by Charles Graves (Boston: Geo. H. Ellis, 1904). A copy of this work was scanned during the Harvard-Google project and is available here. [Photo: bMS 15001/1]