Oxford Biblical Studies Online (OBSO) provides access to six Oxford editions of the Bible along with commentary, annotations from study Bibles, and reference material that can be viewed alongside the biblical text.
Core biblical texts include:
- Access Study Bible with Apocrypha
- Authorized King James Bible with Apocrypha
- Catholic Study Bible (2nd ed.)
- Jewish Study Bible
- New Oxford Annotated Bible (3rd ed.)
- Oxford Study Bible
You can read a single version alone, display it with another version in a parallel column for comparison, or display it in a parallel column with a commentary.
Reference works, commentaries, and other texts include:
- Apocryphal New Testament
- Apocryphal Old Testament
- Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- How to Read the Bible
- Oxford Bible Atlas
- Oxford Bible Commentary
- Oxford Companion to the Bible
- Oxford Dictionary of the Bible
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Archaeology in the Near East
- Oxford Handbook of Biblical Studies
- Oxford History of the Biblical World
- Oxford Illustrated History of the Bible
Maps and images from these works are also indexed. Biblical texts cited in these works are hyperlinked to the biblical texts in your choice of Bible version. OBSO also includes The Concise Concordance to New Revised Standard Version and The New American Bible Concise Concordance, which are also hyperlinked to the biblical texts.
The OBSO interface lets you print, email, and cite sources (in both MLA and Chicago style) easily, and you can export material directly to EndNote, ProCite, ReferenceManager, and RefWorks (using RefGrab-It).
The editor in chief of OBSO is Michael D. Coogan, Professor of Religious Studies at Stonehill College, director of publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum, and Lecturer on Old Testament/Hebrew Bible at Harvard Divinity School. Clifford Wunderlich, head of access and research services at Andover-Harvard Theological Library, serves on the library advisory board for OBSO.
For more information and to browse or search, go to Oxford Biblical Studies Online.