- Admissions & Aid
- Faculty & Research
- Life at HDS
- News & Events
- Alumni & Friends
In addition to the rich experience of classroom study, many opportunities exist for work experience during the academic program, including on- or off-campus employment, paid or unpaid internships, and/or field education placements.
Online employment resources
- Harvard Student Employment Office: Password-protected site that lists on-campus and off-campus opportunities in the Cambridge area.
- Hired Career Management System: Password-protected HDS job database with a growing bank of postings sent directly to HDS.
- Spherion Temporary Agency: Temporary Clerical and administrative jobs at Harvard are often filled through the Spherion Workforce Architects, located at 14 A Eliot Street in Cambridge. Start by calling Spherion at 617.495.1500, or submit a profile at the website.
- Boston.com: Hundreds of job listings from sites in and around Boston.
- Craigslist: A favorite of many students for miscellaneous job listings.
- Harvard Student Agencies: Student-run agencies. Lots of per diem opportunities, such as serving food or drinks at special events, or helping people with moves. Some requests for researchers and tutors as well.
HDS Field Education Program
Field education is a requirement for MDiv students, but open to all HDS students. Paid opportunities are available in:
- Clinical and Counseling
- Accredited CPE Centers
Many student jobs at or around Harvard are never advertised, especially jobs at libraries and in Harvard Square, and sometimes in Harvard departments. Set aside some time, dress nicely, and take several copies of your CV, résumé, or employment history. Simply walk around to places that interest you and inquire about opportunities. You might also make phone calls in advance.